Melatonin may be the most powerful antioxidant for protecting your mitochondria and energy production.
- Your circadian rhythm is largely dictated by your pineal gland, located near the center of your brain, which produces melatonin, a hormone that is crucial for the regulation of your sleep cycle
- Melatonin is also an important energy hormone and a potent antioxidant that appears to play an important role in cancer prevention. It also benefits your brain, cardiovascular and gastrointestinal health, and has been shown to boost immune function
- Melatonin helps protect your mitochondria, which generate energy inside your cells. Melatonin appears to be the most powerful antioxidant in this regard, as it has the ability to enter into your mitochondria. It also recharges glutathione
- Melatonin works synergistically with vitamin D to optimize mitochondrial function. It also enhances vitamin D signaling
- Multiple sclerosis, cancer, neuropsychiatric disorders and high blood pressure are all examples of diseases that appear strongly linked to and affected by your vitamin D and melatonin status
Keep reading with a private membership…
Subscribe to keep reading this article and access all article archives. See membership options.
Already a paid subscriber? Sign in.